Division 4 Councillor is Robin Leighton
Robin moved to Wainwright in 1978 with her family. Her parents worked and retired from jobs in healthcare. She completed her education kindergarten to grade 12 at the Blessed Sacrament School.
In 1995 she married Shawn Leighton and moved on to his families farm. They live six miles south on highway 41 where they have been blessed to raise four children in a mixed farming environment. Renea, Bailey, Cole and McKye
Robin is a registered massage therapist and retired from that in 2019. She continues to work part time at the Wainwright Hospital in the lab doing phlebotomy.
Today Shawn & Robin strictly grain farm. They enjoy riding horses, quading, snowmobiling, camping and spending time with their family.
Councillor Leighton sits on the following Boards and Committees:
- Agricultural Service Board
- Battle River Foundation (Lodge)
- Finance Committee
- Fire Wardens
- Intermunicipal Collaboration Committee
- Municipal Planning Commission
- Municipal Property Committee
- Northern Lights Library Board
- Policy Committee
- Soil Conservation Act Appeal Board (Alternate)
- Town of Wainwright Library Board
- Town of Wainwright Rural Recreation Area Board
- Wainwright & District FCSS
- Wainwright Intermunicipal Planning Committee
- Wainwright Rural Recreation Area Board
- Wainwright Fire Area Board