Development is classified as:
- An excavation or stockpile and the creation of eitherof them; or
- A building or an additions to, or replacement of, repair of a building and the construction of place or any of them in, on, over or under land, or
- A change of use of land or a building or an act done in relation to land or a building that results in or is likely to result in a change in the use of the land or building, or
- A change in the intensity of use of land or a building or an act done in relation to land or a building that results in or is likely to result in a change in the intensity of use of the land or building.
When applying for a Development Permit, the land use rules for the appropriate land use designation should be consulted.
Applications for Development Permit are available at the M.D. Administration Office or can be downloaded below.
A fee of $100.00 must be paid by cash or cheque at the time of application.
- Application For Development (Urban) – Schedule D6 (14 KB PDF File)
- Application For Development (All other zones) – Schedule D7 (14 KB PDF File)
- Site Plan – Appendix 2 (13 KB PDF File)
- Site Location – Appendix 3 (13 KB PDF File)
The M.D. of Wainwright is an Accredited Municipality under the Safety Codes Act. Building, electrical, plumbing and heating, private sewer and gas permits shall be obtained as required. The provider of the Safety Codes Compliance Services within the Municipal District of Wainwright is Inspections Group or Superior Safety Codes Inc.; they issue and administer all permits covered under the Safety Codes Act. Permit Application forms can be obtained from our office, downloaded from links below.
Inspections Groups can be contacted at 1 (866) 554-5048 or https://www.inspectionsgroup.com.
Superior Safety Codes Inc. at 1 (866) 999-4777 or