The Division 3 Councillor is Richard Waddell
Richard Waddell Division 3 elected October 18, 2021
Born and raised in the Hopevalley/Rosedale District
Attended Edgerton Public School from kindergarten to graduation in 1978
After graduating Richard worked for Alberta Wheat Pool in Mannville, Paradise Valley and Edgerton (1978-2007). Then worked with Baker Hughes from 2008-2019 and in June 2020 to December 2021 at the UFA Wainwright. Richard married Deanna (Marshall) in August 1981 and lived in Edgerton. We purchased land in the Rosedale District in 1985 and farmed with my dad.
We moved to the farm in 1988 where we still reside and run a cow/calf operation. We have 3 children – Brandon (Kaylee), Shawn (Angela) and Jillian (Tim) as well as 8 amazing Grandchildren!
Richard has served on community organization such as Edgerton Ag Society, Edgerton Arena Board and Edgerton School Parent Council. Richard was involved in coaching minor hockey and ball and Edgerton 4-H Beef Club.
Councillor Waddell sits on the following Boards and Committees:
- Finance Committee
- Insurance, Bylaws, Agreements & Regulations
- Intermunicipal Collaboration Committee
- Policy Committee
- Edgerton Seed Clean Plant
- Soil Conservation Act Appeal Board
- Municipal Planning Commission
- Edgerton Intermunicipal Planning Committee
- Municipal Property Committee
- Wainwright & District Physician Recruitment Committee (Alternate)
- Edgerton Rural Recreation Area Board
- Edgerton Library Board (Alternate)
- Edgerton Fire Area
- Fire Wardens